What Features to Look for when Choosing the Best Retail POS System for your company.
Retail POS Hardware
- The first major question you have to ask yourself and your company- do you want a cloud based or a server based solution.
- The POS hardware can either be a mobile tablet or phone, or stationed terminal.
- Although most businesses are uniquely customized but they generally include a tablet and stand, cash drawer, bar-code scanner, and receipt printer.
- Some POS software providers have proprietary POS hardware that you are required to use while some providers let you use 3rd party hardware components.
A retail point-of-sale (POS) system consists of POS software and hardware that enables retailers to ring up customer orders, record payments and perform several other operational tasks.
When choosing a retail POS system, look for essential features like inventory management, employee management, real-time reporting and retail-centric features like customer management, loyalty programs, and matrix inventory tracking.
Essential Features of Retail POS Systems
- Payment processor compatibility
- Product matrix, inventory tracking and purchase ordering
- Data recording, reporting and analytics
- Customer management and loyalty programs
- Employee management (function, data access and time tracking for payroll)
What is the best retail POS system?
Choosing the best retail point of sale system is a complex discussion with the large amount of variables. We are a little bias in our response stating that everything I have discussed on top is all included in 1 package with Counterpoint Retail Point of Sale System.
CP-Commerce eCommerce integration to Counterpoint syncs all your items, prices, A/R and customer data between your e-commerce website and CounterPoint. If there aren’t existing extensions to meet your needs, we can develop them for you in-house.
CP-Commerce provides Magento site hosting at a very competitive price. We have monthly hosting plans to fit any business. Choose the hosting plan that fits your business best: Starter, Plus or Pro
CP-Commerce provides a fully customized Magento eCommerce site integrated to your NCR CounterPoint software. You can choose the CP-Commerce Implementation option that best fits the needs of your retail business.
CP-Commerce has all the functionality you need to integrate your items and customers from CounterPoint to Magento. We are a one stop solution and don’t rely on third party developers for ecommerce integration to NCR Counterpoint.
Are you holding back the full potential your mobile point of sale has to offer?
A mobile point-of-sale system (POS) definitely makes it easier for your small business to collect revenue wherever you are. But can it also impact the experience customers have with you brand?
Instead of just using your POS as a mobile checkout tool, consider how it can help your staff better engage with shoppers and create a positive customer experience for your small business.
App Integrated with CounterPoint POS – Manage and Sell your inventory items on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad anywhere, whether you are online or offline. If you’re offline with no internet access, you can continue to sell in offline mode. Works with the Linea Pro Sled to offer a bar-code scanner for easy item lookup and a credit card MSR swipe to authorize card payments. Works with your NCR CounterPoint SQL POS Software.
With a mobile POS, your staff can get out from behind the counter that separates them from the customer and provide a more personal checkout experience anywhere in the store. Or when the line to the register starts to back up, your employees can easily jump in and help facilitate purchases to those waiting patiently, so you don’t lose those precious sales.
P.O.S. Anywhere NOW Supports Secure Pay / Uniterm
- Orders / Delivery / Ship-To
- Invoice Printing to Laser Printer
- Holds – Cash Out at Register
- Credit Card Processing using Authorize.Net
- Linea Pro Sled and Infinia Tab Supported Bar code Scanning and CC Swipe
- Offline Ticket Entry
- Will email receipts when connected to the server/online
- Linea Pro Sled and Infinia Tab Scanner Supported
- New Bar-code Collection / Associate to Item
- Alternate Unit Support
- Grid / Cell Support
- Linea Pro Sled and Infinia Tab Scanner Supported
- Pick Verifying and Packing orders
- Scan a picking slip to pull up the order
- Scan items as you go to verify for shipment
- Add tracking numbers to orders
CP-Commerce Retail POS
Built on more than two decades of retail technology expertise, the NCR CounterPoint product line is unparalleled in terms of capability and ease of use.
NCR CounterPoint retail management software is loaded with features like built-in gift card and loyalty program functions, robust management reporting, and a fully integrated eCommerce solution.
• Maximize profitability
• Control Operating Cost
• Improve Speed of Service to Customers
• Increase Efficiency
• Improve Inventory Control and Accuracy
• Track customers and market to them
• Minimize shrink
• Open a web store
NCR CounterPoint has both the power and flexibility you need in retail POS software to run your business your way. Whether you have one store or hundreds of stores, NCR CounterPoint runs your business efficiently and profitably.
Instant inventory updates let your employees know what’s in stock, on order, and in transit. Track your customers, control your purchasing, retain detailed sales history, or open an online store – NCR CounterPoint includes everything you need to streamline your business and boost your bottom line. CP-Commerce is the next step, bringing that inventory management system online for the automated ordering and
NCR CounterPoint allows you to:
• Boost your bottom line
• Accelerate your business
• Tailor your solution
• Preserve your audit trail
• Manage sales, returns, orders, special orders, backorders, and layaways on the same ticket
• Associate image, audio, or video files with each item and/or customer, and CounterPoint can automatically display the image
• Choose from either Regular Ticket Entry or Touchscreen Ticket Entry
• Password-protect ticket entry to ensure that access CounterPoint is restricted to authorized users
• Transfer stock from other warehouses to meet customer order needs
• Secure, turn-key gift card solution designed for any size retailer