What Features to Look for when Choosing the Best Retail POS System for your company.
Retail POS Hardware
- The first major question you have to ask yourself and your company- do you want a cloud based or a server based solution.
- The POS hardware can either be a mobile tablet or phone, or stationed terminal.
- Although most businesses are uniquely customized but they generally include a tablet and stand, cash drawer, bar-code scanner, and receipt printer.
- Some POS software providers have proprietary POS hardware that you are required to use while some providers let you use 3rd party hardware components.
A retail point-of-sale (POS) system consists of POS software and hardware that enables retailers to ring up customer orders, record payments and perform several other operational tasks.
When choosing a retail POS system, look for essential features like inventory management, employee management, real-time reporting and retail-centric features like customer management, loyalty programs, and matrix inventory tracking.
Essential Features of Retail POS Systems
- Payment processor compatibility
- Product matrix, inventory tracking and purchase ordering
- Data recording, reporting and analytics
- Customer management and loyalty programs
- Employee management (function, data access and time tracking for payroll)
What is the best retail POS system?
Choosing the best retail point of sale system is a complex discussion with the large amount of variables. We are a little bias in our response stating that everything I have discussed on top is all included in 1 package with Counterpoint Retail Point of Sale System.
CP-Commerce eCommerce integration to Counterpoint syncs all your items, prices, A/R and customer data between your e-commerce website and CounterPoint. If there aren’t existing extensions to meet your needs, we can develop them for you in-house.
CP-Commerce provides Magento site hosting at a very competitive price. We have monthly hosting plans to fit any business. Choose the hosting plan that fits your business best: Starter, Plus or Pro
CP-Commerce provides a fully customized Magento eCommerce site integrated to your NCR CounterPoint software. You can choose the CP-Commerce Implementation option that best fits the needs of your retail business.
CP-Commerce has all the functionality you need to integrate your items and customers from CounterPoint to Magento. We are a one stop solution and don’t rely on third party developers for ecommerce integration to NCR Counterpoint.
NCR CounterPoint is an all-in-one retail management solution providing Point of Sale (POS) check out, Inventory Management, Reporting, and Analytics. The system encompasses a “one-stop-solution” for all retail point of sale and online eCommerce needs.
CP Commerce’s Counterpoint POS integration enables POS product data including item number (SKU), item name, quantity on hand, customer specific pricing, long description, and HTML to automatically sync between Counterpoint POS and online sales channels. As items are added or updated in POS, the product updates entered in POS are synced with multiple online channels automatically. This includes websites, eBay, Amazon, and other online sales channels. Counterpoint POS integration with eCommerce feeds online orders into Counterpoint POS automatically.
The integration eliminates the need for manual data entry. Orders placed online feed to Counterpoint POS automatically on a schedule, eliminating repetitive data entry, order entry, and data entry errors. The automation saves time and labor cost. Let CP Commerce help you build and take your store & inventory online today.
CP Commerce also specializes in customization’s tailored to fit the needs of each business that we partner with. Therefore, these customization’s are retrofitted to help inventory, reporting, and even 3rd party applications to processes in your business’s sales funnel.
• Automatically upload product information from NCR Counterpoint POS to your web store.
• Automatically update latest pricing & stocks from POS to the web store.
• Automatically update Counterpoint inventory to online marketplaces including eBay and Amazon.
• Automatically downloaded web store orders in Counterpoint for fulfilment
• Eliminate duplicate and manual data entry on your website.
• The most affordable Omni-Channel experience to your customers.
Hence, CP-Commerce is your one-stop-shop for all retail brick and mortar inventory control and automation as well as online integration for your eCommerce store.